Leo E. Waner
Financial Executive · Chief Financial Officer
608.322.7097 / LWaner@sandhillconsultinggroup.com
Various leadership positions in financial & operational roles in large public and private companies engaged in manufacturing, oil & gas, diversified food, agricultural, warehousing, automotive, insurance, and construction businesses. Most recently engaged by Private Equity portfolio managers as an interim CFO/ CRO for companies with special situations. Company experience includes: Koch Industries Inc., Anderson, Clayton & Co., Tenneco Inc. [Held Executive positions at Tenneco Automotive, Tenneco Oil, Tennessee Gas Transmission, Newport News Shipbuilding, & Tenneco West], and various middle market PE companies including Penda Truck Accessories, Marshfield DoorSystems, Whirlpool/Hoover carve-out transactions, and other NEP portfolio assignments.
Served as Chief Restructuring Officer/Chief FinancialOfficer with Portfolio companies in financial distress, or trouble debt re-financings. Installed numerous ERP -Revenue/Cost/Profit analysis & financial systems to augment management team turnaround efforts
Most Recent Engagement
- Innoware LLC is a middle market company that provides innovative solutions to enhance the everyday dining experience.
- The company sells disposable food service products that provide both form and function coupled with creative and design sensitive flair.
- Successful turnaround outcome. Assignments included leading at multiple ERP installations at two divisions, refresh cost accounting systems at both Plastic & Paper divisions, and support PE exits to strategic purchasers.
- Penda Corp, entry 1997/exit 2005
- Consult engagement, Marshfield Door – Wind Point Ptrs. Company – Represented Labor Negotiator – Contract settlement, lead ERP & product standard costing system installation
- Consult engagement, PCA a NEP portfolio Co.
- Innoware LLC, entry 2008/exit 2011